bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Saturday, December 31, 2011

First of All to End the Year - An Apology

In less than an hour, 2011 will simply be a short little bar on my facebook timeline, captured through thousands of photographs, blog posts, email messages, and moments seared indelibly in my mind.

A year of bold steps forward,

A year of tentative steps and uncertainty A year where some steps are best washed away.


A year filled with steep wonderful highs and deep heartbreaking lows
and that type of emotional mountain climbing has worn me out. I'm ready for a year of gentle rolling hills and calmer waters.



So as I've been winding down from this intense year, I realize that I jumped too quickly into another big commitment (The Growing Zone - a daily look at what is growing on around us) without fully considering the impact on my family. For the past few weeks, I made a choice to put down the computer and chose family time over a self-imposed need to work, to write, or to post. So I apologize to my fun friends I've met through this blog that I started something that I know now that I need to tune back - the blogs in the future will be a little less frequent but hopefully more informative. You all continue to bring me encouragement, you have walked with me in those valleys and rejoiced with the peaks. I wish you all a Happy New Year filled with peace and joy and focused priorities, and wish you a year of healthy growing in heart, mind, soul,

and garden.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At January 1, 2012 at 7:31 AM , Anonymous Sara Wall said...

I love your blog but totally understand the need to scale back. Happy New Year to you and your wonderful family.

 
At January 1, 2012 at 11:25 AM , Anonymous Yael said...

Such lovely images of oceans and walking in the sand.

Hoping you have a Happy and Tranquil New Year.

Yael

 
At January 5, 2012 at 6:52 AM , Blogger Karena said...

Hello Barbara I just found your blog this morning by accident really I was looking at my blog list and hit "next blog" by accident and here you are. I really enjoyed your posts and have signed up to follow ..a happy new year to you and yours..I will be back often...

Karena "A Loblolly Life"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home