bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring Plant Trials 2013 - Day 1

 The Proven Winners courtyard display at Chaminade Spa and Resort in Santa Cruz, Ca.
 I arrived as a guest of Proven Winners (I've go into that more tomorrow) the day before Spring Trials began and was able to snap a few photos. Still pinching myself that I get to be at this event!
I enjoyed getting container combination ideas like this one with begonias and Diamond Frost Euphorbia




Ready for show and tell!

The views from the trial garden patio was fabulous! 

I kept getting distracted by the wisteria - so elegant!



Supertunia Vista Bubblegum and Vista Silverberry have been 2 of my favorite for years because of their vigorous habit and because they don't need to be deadheaded. 

The scent of wisteria always gives me a feeling of comfort and home - had it growing right outside my window growing up. 


Did I say I loved the Wisteria? 

Ligularia "Bottle Rocket" with Hosta 'Hudson Bay'



Jeanine Standard - my hostess for the Proven Winners event. Jeanine is the head of media and public relations for Proven Winners plants and is a completely delightful person to enjoy dinner with!!


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At April 7, 2013 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Rachelle said...

So this is just the display at the reception area for guests, retailers, and growers?

 
At April 10, 2013 at 4:06 AM , Anonymous Hessed Torres said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous flowers!

 
At April 11, 2013 at 1:00 PM , Anonymous Weekend Cowgirl said...

Beautiful flowers! I am so ready to go to nursery and get some flowers growing here...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home