bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 257 - There Are Days That I Just REALLY Love My Job


Like when I get to plant containers at homes like this...













I just love the Siam Beauty Musa. And this is the new Coreopsis Cherry Lemonade from Terra Nova - I LOVE IT!!




Here's the new Stars and Stripes Mandevilla

Bottlebrush shrub, Abutilon, red geranium, petunia
Tibuchina standard, variegated bouganvilla, cascading vinca, coleus, purple angelonia
Ruellia, Allamanda, mandevilla, petunia




All this fun in a day's work!

Additional info:
I picked out all these containers for this homeowner when the home was being built. Two of my favorite container/garden accessory suppliers are Elegant Earth in Birmingham, Alabama and Campania International. The big bowls on top of the front porch columns are from Riverside Plastics - they put a special granite finish on these to coordinate with the other planters. I knew logistically it would be a nightmare to get cast stone or concrete planters on roof of this porch (it was huge task just to get the others on the porch!) so I went with Riverside Plastics great quality plastic containers. They still weighed about 75 lbs each.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At June 17, 2011 at 9:57 PM , Blogger BernieH said...

Yep, you have my dream job you lucky lady! You've created some fabulous containers for this home and garden ... one question though, who gets to lug these containers into their positions? They look heavy!

 
At June 17, 2011 at 10:31 PM , Blogger barbara wise said...

Bernie, yes, those are some fiercely heavy planters - even before they get planted. The ones on the front porch weighed about 250 lbs unplanted. At this location I plant on site, and loose weight after lugging everything from the truck to the container, planting, cleaning up, and lugging all the debris back to the truck. I could advertise for workers and have them PAY ME for this new weight loss program, toning program called "Planting at really large estate homes".

 
At June 17, 2011 at 11:05 PM , Blogger BernieH said...

Phew, 250 lbs! That's a seriously heavy container. I guess it's one weight loss program that does have something about it to actually enjoy! Fabulous work.

 
At June 18, 2011 at 7:06 AM , Blogger Gail said...

I have three words...wow, beautiful and heavy!

 
At June 18, 2011 at 7:31 AM , Blogger barbara wise said...

Gail and Bernie, I've added information in the post about where I located these containers for this homeowner. Bernie, the shipping for these might be a little high for you :).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home