bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 107 - Looking For Inspiration



Right now I'm in the middle of designing over 300 different containers that will go in our developments this spring here in Middle Tennessee - Westhaven, Laurelbrooke, Windstone, and McEwen. I'm looking at the list of the new plants ordered and imagining all the possibilities of combinations. One thing that I love to do is check out what other people have dreamed up for their containers, so I went back to flip through picture of gardens I'd visited over the last year. These were some of the most interesting, not particularly for what they were planted with but for how they were arranged here on the steps of the Getty Museum in Los Angeles, CA.
I wish I knew how to attach music to this blog because about right now I'd like to be playing the theme music to 2001 Space Odyssey. These round saucer planters look like they've invaded the planet Getty. Surely if you look close enough there will be a little green man waiting to say, "Take me to your leader."

These actually created a powerful visual, especially with the female statue that seems to be saying, "NO! I won't go with you!"

So now these have got me thinking about what I can do with our containers that will get people thinking about more than just what's in the pot...

...and I know I'm going to get some wisecracks from that last statement, especially from you California folk!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At January 17, 2011 at 9:15 PM , Anonymous Jan @TWOwomenANDaHOE said...

Beautiful as always!

 
At January 17, 2011 at 10:53 PM , Blogger Dev Forester said...

Beautiful flowers =D

 
At January 18, 2011 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Carolyn ♥ said...

Great post. I've been to the Getty Museum and it certainly exudes inspiration in every turn. I look forward to reading more from you regarding container gardens.

 
At January 18, 2011 at 2:09 PM , Anonymous Susan Hemann said...

Great containers. If you want to add music to your blog go to www.playlist.com

 
At January 18, 2011 at 9:55 PM , Blogger barbara wise said...

Thanks, Susan, for the music tip!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home