bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 90 - My Big Fat Redneck New Years Eve

I'm still dwelling in the laid of no wireless, stretching my levels of creativity and forcing me to mingle with the natives of this land. Natives who just happen to be self-professed rednecks and delightfully entertaining to spend new year's eve with. The home I was invited to visit was deeply surrounded by massive pecan and peach orchards but provided me with little in the way of container gardens. But my host did suggest that their fire pot could have a dual purpose as large planter in the spring. Anyone want to guess what this fire pot was originally?



A washing machine inner tub!
Don't throw anything away. These south Georgia folks will find a purpose for it.
By the way, we feasted on roasted hot dogs (my first in about 15 years), potato chips, the best caramel cake you ever tasted, and muscadine wine. My neck is glowing a nice shade of red.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

Labels:

5 Comments:

At January 1, 2011 at 7:12 AM , Blogger Commonweeder said...

what a wonderful celebration! Caramel cake and muscadine wine - ummmmm. There was a bonfire in our town, but I'm afraid I went to bed early.

 
At January 1, 2011 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Helen said...

Happy New Year, Barbara. It was a pleasure meeting and spending time with you this year. We still need that chat over wine, however. Cheers. (And thanks for that washtub-firepit idea. If I ever have the place for a firepit, that's a great way to go.)

 
At January 1, 2011 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Lona said...

Sounds good to me. An old wringer washer lid makes the best sled. Really fast but what the heck we use to use cardboard on the dry fall grass in the fall for a sled. Now that is really fast! LOL!

 
At January 1, 2011 at 10:27 PM , Anonymous lpouie said...

Do enjoy your containers.Is your husband from Dothan Ga? Happy New Year.Look forward seeing in 2011.

 
At January 1, 2011 at 11:31 PM , Blogger barbara wise said...

Yes, my hubby's a dothan, ala man.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home