bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Monday, August 16, 2010

The REAL Stars of Rodeo Drive











While staying in Los Angeles to help with my grandson's surgery recovery, I took a little time to meet up with gardening pal Annie of MooPoo Tea fame, and we headed out to meet Fern from Life On the Balcony and Adriana from Anarchy in the Garden at the Getty Gardens. I'll have a whole separate post on our visit at the Getty. Annie and I had our set of adventures as we cruised from the LA Children's Hospital down Santa Monica Boulevard acting like regular sight-seers, especially when we hit Rodeo Drive. The only difference is that I was playing paparazzi to the plants rather than the people! With no where to park, I jumped out of Annie's truck to snap pics of the real stars on Rodeo Drive - the hanging baskets and containers enhancing all the building. Goodness, anyone would look gorgeous walking alongside these plantings.
Hanging baskets filled with Petunias, Bidens, Angelwing Begonias, and Ivy Geraniums would stop traffic for a truck load of plant nerds.

Loved the succulent plantings throughout the thoroughfare.
Climbing roses (White Dawn, maybe?) and Rosemary make a luscious combo.
I may have been too far away for this picture but I loved the use of these rectangular planters to border the outside eating area.

This store was decked out from top to bottom. VAVAVOOM!


OK, and there was this one dress I saw that I would have LOVED to try on....

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 27, 2010 at 11:07 AM , Blogger Bren Haas said...

I love this share.... Wish I was there! <wait... I was... via Twitter!

The blooms are amazing and so was your ride. Thanks for sharing this wonderful time in L.A. with us all.

Those baskets are too die for!

 
At September 2, 2010 at 7:00 AM , Blogger Commonweeder said...

One of the things that struck me about the plantings is the use of massing and repetition - including repetition of planters. Really good post. Almost made me want to shop.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home